Coverage DetailsPlease select a coverage to view additional details.
- $1,000,000 per claim
- $2,000,000 aggregate
- $2,000,000 per claim
- $2,000,000 aggregate
- $500,000 per claim
- $1,000,000 per claim
These terms and conditions will form part of an application for insurance, which, upon issuance of a binder of insurance, will form part of a contract of insurance (“the contract” or “this contract”) between the applicant (hereinafter referred to as "you" or “your”) and Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company. MIG Insurance Group Ltd (“MIG Insurance”) is your insurance broker for the purposes of this contract. Please read these terms and conditions carefully. To confirm your understanding and acceptance of these terms and conditions, click "I AGREE".
Please refer to the official Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company policy wordings for the complete description of all applicable terms, conditions, and exclusions. This contract is automatically cancelled when replaced by the insurance policy, and the terms of the insurance policy will govern.
This contract contains a clause which may limit the amount payable.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Provinces and Territories Included
Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company only operates in Manitoba, Alberta, and Saskatchewan. Property located in other provinces and territories cannot not be included in this application for insurance.
If this application for insurance falsely describes the property or business to the prejudice of the Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company, or misrepresents or fraudulently omits to communicate any circumstance that is material to be made known to Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company in order to enable it to judge the risk to be undertaken, the contract is void as to any property or business in relation to which the misrepresentation or omission is material.
Material Change in Risk
(1) You must promptly give notice in writing to Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company or MIG Insurance of a change that is material to the risk, and within your control and knowledge.
(2) If Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company or MIG Insurance is not promptly notified of a change under subparagraph (1) of this condition, the contract is void as to the part affected by the change.
(3) If Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company or MIG Insurance is notified of a change under subparagraph (1) of this condition, Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company may (a) terminate the contract, or (b) notify you in writing that, if you desire the contract to continue in force, you must, within 15 days after receipt of the notice, pay to Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company an additional premium specified in the notice.
(4) If you fail to pay the additional premium when required to do so under subparagraph (3)(b) of this condition, the contract is terminated at that time, and you will become entitled to a refund of the unearned portion of the premium.
Payment and Policy Term
The policy of insurance to be issued by Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company is for a one year term. Renewal of the policy must be processed prior to the policy expiry date to remain in force. Failure to renew the policy will impose no liability on Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company or MIG Insurance.
Termination of the Contract
(1) The contract may be terminated by Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company giving you 15 days' notice of termination by registered mail or 5 days' written notice of termination personally delivered, or by you at any time on request.
(2) If the contract is terminated by Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company, Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company must refund the excess of premium actually paid by you over the prorated premium for the expired time, but in no event may the prorated premium for the expired time be less than any minimum retained premium specified in the contract, and the refund must accompany the notice unless the premium is subject to adjustment or determination as to amount, in which case the refund must be made as soon as practicable.
(3) If the contract is terminated by you, Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company must refund as soon as practicable the excess of premium actually paid by you over the short rate premium for the expired time specified in the contract, but in no event may the short rate premium for the expired time be less than any minimum retained premium specified in the contract.
I declare that, if I am signing on behalf of any person(s) other than myself, I have the authority to sign on behalf of such person(s).
I warrant that the applicant has no additional coverage for the same interests through another insurer. Should I, or the applicant, subsequently obtain coverage through any other insurer, while covered under this contract, I will immediately advise Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company, as it may affect the contract.
If other insurance applies to a loss or claim, or would have applied if the contract did not exist, the contract will be considered excess insurance and will not pay any loss or claim until the amount of such other insurance is used up.
You agree to have all insurance policies and corresponding documents sent to you electronically by Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company and/or MIG Insurance. It is required by the applicable legislation in your province or territory that your policy of insurance and every endorsement or other amendment to the policy of insurance be delivered to you. You understand and agree that you are not able to unsubscribe from receiving your insurance policy and all endorsements or other amendments to the policy of insurance.